Useful links for our neighbourhood

1. Federal, Provincial and Municipal representatives.

  City of Toronto Province of Ontario Government of Canada
Pam McConnell,
Councillor & Deputy Mayor

Ward 28
Toronto Centre-Rosedale
Glen Murray, M.P.P.
Toronto Centre & Minister of the Environment and Climate Change

Since the October 2015 Federal election the St Lawrence area has been split between the Spadina-Fort York and Toronto Centre constituencies.
Constituency Office

Toronto City Hall
100 Queen Street West, Suite A7
Toronto, ON   
M5H 2N2

Phone: (416) 392-7916
Fax: (416) 392-7296

120 Carleton Unit #318
Toronto, ON
M5A 4K2

Cell: (647) 449-5853
Phone: (416) 972-7683
Fax: (416) 972-7686

Staff Contacts

Toronto Centre
The Honourable Bill Morneau

Constituency Office:

430 Parliament Street
Toronto, ON
 M5A 3A2

Phone: 416 972 9749.


Spadina- Fort York
Adam Vaughan

Constituency office:

215 Spadina Avenue,
4th Floor
Toronto, ON
M5T 2C7

Official office
Room 330, Main Legislative Building, Queen's Park
Toronto, Ontario M7A 1A4

Mail may be sent postage-free to any Member of Parliament

House of Commons
Confederation Building
Ottawa, ON
K1A 0A6

What are they responsible for? Fire Department
Parks & Recreation
Police Service
Social Services
Streets & Sidewalks
Taxation (Municipal)
Toronto Transit Commission
Driver & Vehicle Registration
Justice (with Federal)
Mines & Minerals
Natural Resources
Taxation (Provincial)
Workplace Safety & Compensation
Aboriginal Affairs
Citizenship & Immigration
Environment (with Ontario)
International Trade
Justice (with Ontario)
Marine Services
National Defence
Taxation (Federal)
Veterans Affairs

2. Police and Emergency Services

The police need the help of residents to keep our neighbourhood safe. Here are the telephone numbers to call if you see anything happening that causes concern. Our neighbourhood is located within the 51 Division of Toronto Police which has a website with good information at:

51 Division is located at the corner of Parliament and Front Streets. (The street address is: 51 Parliament St., Toronto, ON , M5A 2Y5)

The RCMP has set up a website with good information with tips on being safe on the Internet:

For Emergencies ONLY  911
(Use this number for Police, Fire and Medical Emergencies.)

For non-emergency police issues: (416) 808-2222

This is the Police general number, use this to report all other crime. If you want a police officer to attend a crime or occurrence, you will be asked for your name. You should ask for the "event number" to ensure that your complaint is recorded properly. You may also use this number to contact an individual police officer or police division for follow-up.

Crime Stoppers

416-222-TIPS (8477)

This is the number to call if you wish to register an anonymous report. You should provide as much detail as possible, but you need not give your name.

Community-Police Liaison Committee:

Contact our Community-Police Liaison Committee representatives, to report a non-emergency matter for follow up with police. Contact them through our email. See also more information and various report forms at:

3. Reporting other problems.

It is sometimes difficult to know which City Department is responsible for dealing with a problem. Contact TORONTO-311 to report problems with or questions about any City service - Dial 311 or email them 24/7.

"311 is the largest, most exciting customer service improvement undertaken by the City of Toronto since amalgamation. 311 improves accessibility to non-emergency City services and information, and will increase the City's effectiveness in responding to public inquiries.

Not sure how to report a pothole? Need to request pick-up of an old appliance? Looking for a program at your local community centre? Simply call 311. Our customer service representatives are available to assist you 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

More than just a phone number, 311 Toronto provides access to a wide range of online services, and in the coming months will expand with online service requests and online tracking. See this page for further details."

Municipal Licensing & Standards (Toronto & East York District)

Tel: 416-338-0711 or email.

Toronto Hydro - to report Hydro problems - including online reporting of broken street-lights. (Or phone 416-542-3195, they are staffed 24/7)

T.T.C - use the feedback form on the TTC website.

Damaged new garbage cans or transit shelters.

4. Links to community organizations in and around our neighbourhood

Searchable map of Toronto's neighbourhood associations

Alumnae Theatre

ARCH Disability Law Centre

Bathurst Quay Neighbourhood Association

Bay-Cloverhill Community Association

Cabbagetown South Residents' Association

Canadian Opera Company

Canadian Stage Company

Church-Wellesley Neighbourhood Association

Community AIR

Community Folk Art Council of Toronto

Corktown Residents' and Business Association

Distillery District

Don Vale Cabbagetown Residents Association

Enoch Turner Schoolhouse Foundation

Evergreen Brickworks

Friends of Berczy Park

Friends of St James Park

Gooderham & Worts Neighbourhood Association

Heritage Toronto


Laneway Project

Lost Rivers

New Visions Toronto

NO Jets TO

Old Cabbagetown BIA

Old Town Toronto

Older Women's Network

Open Streets TO

Park People: Toronto Alliance for better parks

Riverdale Farm

St Lawrence Centre for the Arts

St Lawrence Market

St Lawrence Market Neighbourhood BIA   


Toronto Environmental Alliance

Toronto Harbourfront Community Association

Toronto Neighbourhood Guide

Toronto Public Space Committeee now The Toronto Public Space Initiative

Toronto Sculpture Garden

Town of York Historical Society TORONTO'S FIRST POST OFFICE poster is HERE

Waterfront Toronto

York Quay Neighbourhood Association

Young Centre for the Performing Arts

Young People's Theatre

If you have a suggestion about a link to a non-profit or community organization please contact the webmaster.

Last revised: February 2016, Webmaster.